Hackerspace concept expands via events such as MakerCamp - a break from traditional, heavily scripted Hong Kong education. The children are busy playing around with batteries...
The MSc Program in Marketing emphasizes the Marketing department's competitive strengths in the areas of China marketing, services marketing, brand marketing and strategic marketing. With the pervasive trend of globalization, these areas are particularly instrumental to the success of contemporary marketing professionals in Hong Kong. The Program provides students with a thorough and in-depth knowledge base in marketing and offers a wide range of advanced marketing electives not usually encountered in a normal undergraduate marketing or MBA program.
The MSc Program in Marketing has the following aims:
- To offer a compact, well-designed and specialized training program to candidates with interests in marketing.
- To provide candidates with the opportunity to acquire fundamental knowledge and new marketing concepts.
- To enhance candidates' ability to analyze current marketing issues and
- To develop and sharpen candidates' marketing skills for business in Asia, especially in China.
Primary Area of Study
Applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Have a recognized bachelor’s degree with honors (not lower than second class lower division or B grade) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Provide a satisfactory GMAT score
-Applicants should arrange to send the official GMAT scores (SCHOOL COPY) to the Program Office, MSc Program in Marketing of The Chinese University of Hong Kong: Program code for MSc Program in Marketing is R9H-0W-23
-For admission purpose, the scores of GMAT tests taken more than five years prior to the admission year will not be considered.
-Online registration details of GMAT: http://www.mba.com/mba.
- Applicants should fulfill one of the following English Language Proficiency Requirements of the University before admitted to the Program:
- possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
-Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (AS Level);
-Hong Kong Higher Level Examination;
-CUHK Matriculation Examination; or
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examinatoin; or
- a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country; or
- achieve the specified scores in the following tests:
TOEFL (Paper-based: 550; Computer-based: 213; Internet-based: 79);
GMAT (verbal) (Band 21);
IELTS (Academic) (Band 6.5); or
- Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities through distance learning programs or through the completion of a curriculum of short duration are required to provide an assessment report from the Hong Kong Council of Academic Accreditation & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.