Hackerspace concept expands via events such as MakerCamp - a break from traditional, heavily scripted Hong Kong education. The children are busy playing around with batteries...
The programme is research-oriented. It will follow a prescribed series of investigation and students should inform themselves in depth about the field of knowledge relevant to the topic of their projects. In addition to satisfying the programme requirements and other requirements as prescribed by the Division, students will be required to submit a research thesis and pass an oral examination before graduation.
Fields of Specialization:
- Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics of Anaesthesia Drugs
- Development of Assaying Techniques on New Drugs Used in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Epidemiological Research in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Haemodynamic Monitoring Techniques
- Clinical Anaesthesia Research in Areas of Cardiothoracic, Obstetric (Regional Anaesthesia) and Pain Management
- Educational research relating to E-learning in Anaesthesia
- Development of invivo and invitro models to address clinical management problems in the critical care field
- Molecular mechanisms of postoperative pain
- Intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring
Topics outside the above fields would also be considered.
Primary Area of Study
- Graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- Graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B" ; or
- Completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- have a Bachelor’s degree normally in a field related to life sciences or the degree of MBChB or equivalent.