Tom Byer is tasked with implementing a total sea-change in the way the country of over a billion people perceives and coaches the sport. As the Chinese Super League...
Popular Course Subject Areas
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme is designed to prepare university graduates to teach within Hong Kong in areas ranging from kindergarten to tertiary institutions. The PGDE programme is also relevant to teachers teaching in training institutions, community colleges and international schools. PGDE is a recognized teacher training qualification by the Education Bureau of the HKSAR Government.
1. Applicants shall hold a local or other recognized Bachelor’s degree* with a major in a discipline relevant to the major subject applied for.
2. Fresh graduates may also apply.
Fresh graduates who have been offered conditional admission shall obtain a recognized Bachelor’s degree before the offer is granted officially. Students should furnish the proof before commencing studies in September.
1. Applicants shall be a local full-time in-service teacher, and hold a local or other recognized Bachelor’s degree* with a major in a discipline relevant to the major subject applied for.
2. Students admitted via two-year part-time (teaching) mode should be a local full-time school teacher throughout their period of study, and should teach at least 6 class periods (secondary stream) or 8 class periods (primary stream) per week/teaching cycle, of which subject should be in a closely related field of their chosen major subject. If a teaching post is not secured during their study, students may be required to apply for deferred admission or suspension of studies. Students are required to look for a teaching practice school at their own accord.
Applicants serving as a principal or vice-principal shall also follow this arrangement.
1. Applicants shall hold a local or other recognized Bachelor's degree* with a major in a discipline relevant to the major subject applied for.
2. Interested in switching to teaching profession
Applicants serving in a school but without teaching load may also apply via non-teaching mode. Students admitted via non-teaching mode should complete 2 blocks of 4-5 consecutive weeks of teaching practice within 2 years, and complete the first block in their first year of study. Teaching practice schools will be arranged by the TP Office and students should make themselves available for the assigned TP period.
*Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities may be required to provide assessment report from the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
All students should fulfill the English Language Proficiency Requirement prescribed below before they are admitted:
Possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
Hong Kong Advanced Level Exam (AS Level);
Hong Kong Higher Level Exam;
Or achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination;
Or have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country;
Or submit one of the following scores for assessment:
TOEFL (not lower than 550 paper based, 213 computer based, and 79 internet based);
GMAT (Verbal not lower than 21);
IELTS (Academic) (not lower than Band 6.5);
Or have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.
Remark: Students should be proficient in Chinese and English.