This programme aims to develop senior executives who can advance knowledge and practice in their fields through rigorous applied research emphasising both academic rigor and business relevance.
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the state-of-the-art knowledge in the field of the student’s research.
- apply advanced research methods and inter-disciplinary -knowledge to address complex problems of modern business.
- demonstrate independent and critical thinking ability and appreciate the ethical issues and concerns relevant to the discipline.
- generate new and readily applicable knowledge in a chosen area of business typically relevant to their host organisations and their own career objectives, leading to an improved understanding of how to lead and manage an organization effectively in a global and rapidly changing environment.
- adopt innovative and creative solutions to business problems and opportunities.
Primary Area of Study
Applicants are expected to possess:
- a Master's degree in a business related discipline in good standing from a recognized university, or the equivalent; and
- a substantial amount of professional working experience of which some are at a senior level.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer-based) or 92 (internet-based); or
- other equivalent test score.