Hackerspace concept expands via events such as MakerCamp - a break from traditional, heavily scripted Hong Kong education. The children are busy playing around with batteries...
This programme aims to develop senior executives who can advance knowledge and practice in their fields through rigorous applied research emphasising both academic rigor and business relevance.
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the state-of-the-art knowledge in the field of the student’s research.
- apply advanced research methods and inter-disciplinary -knowledge to address complex problems of modern business.
- demonstrate independent and critical thinking ability and appreciate the ethical issues and concerns relevant to the discipline.
- generate new and readily applicable knowledge in a chosen area of business typically relevant to their host organisations and their own career objectives, leading to an improved understanding of how to lead and manage an organization effectively in a global and rapidly changing environment.
- adopt innovative and creative solutions to business problems and opportunities.
Primary Area of Study
For admission to the DBA, applicants are expected to possess:
a master’s degree in a business related discipline from a recognised university in good standing or the equivalent and
a substantial amount of professional work experience* of which some is at a senior level
In exceptional circumstances, candidates with professional qualifications or other scholarly achievements plus substantial senior managerial experience, may be considered. Applicants holding a relevant Bachelor’s degree with first class honours or the equivalent from a recognised university, and the requisite work experience at a senior level, will also be considered.
* Typical applicants will have over 10 years of work experience, although outstanding applicants with less work experience are also welcome.
Applicants who gained their degrees from universities in which English was not the language of instruction must have a minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer-based) or 92 (internet-based), or an equivalent test score.