The aims of the programme are to:
- develop engineers who are capable of demonstrating innovation in the application of knowledge to the building engineering sector;
- provide an integrated curriculum of theory, practice and research aiming at developing professionals' innovative thinking and capabilities in the application of knowledge to solve strategic important problems in the building and construction industry.
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should be able to:
- conduct original and practical research and development contributions to the fields of civil and architectural engineering;
- practise as a professional meeting the demands of the rapidly changing technology based businesses;
- create meliorating influence to the rapidly changing technology based businesses;
- implement the advanced knowledge and capabilities from the perspective of a leader to his/her chosen fields of practice;
- demonstrate their specialization and qualifications to meet demands of the engineering profession in both technical and managerial aspect;
- correlate and implement the academic research to actual industrial practices.
Primary Area of Study
Applicants should hold a master’s degree in related engineering discipline/profession (or equivalent qualification) from a recognized university; and have at least five years’ work experience, recently at a senior level.
Applicants from an institution where the language of teaching is not English should satisfy the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test); or 79 (Internet-based)
- an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS; or
- other equivalent qualifications
Candidates who do not fulfil the above requirements will be required to pass a test following guidelines stipulated by Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies to ascertain their English standard.