Early childhood development centres have opened in Hong Kong to provide alternative learning opportunities. Demand is rising for more informal educational spaces that can help children build skills not taught in the classroom.
Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Balanced training in advanced economic theories and applied economic analyses
- Study China’s economic institutions and development from an international perspective
- Emphasise the use of sophisticated techniques in analysing real world issues
Primary Area of Study
applicants should possess:
· a good bachelor's degree from a recognised university, or equivalent. Although a bachelor's degree in economics or related areas is not a pre-requisite for admission, the applicant is expected to possess the knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics, with some training in mathematics (especially in calculus and linear algebra) and statistics.
· proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose first degree were obtained from non-English-medium institutions). This can be fulfilled by obtaining.
- a minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based test); OR
- a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS; OR
- other equivalent qualifications
On top of academic performance, applicants are encouraged to take the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Although the results of GRE and GMAT are not required, a satisfactory score in either GRE or GMAT is helpful in getting admission and scholarship.
(This course is closed for application.)