The Doctor of Education (EdD) is suitable for visionary professionals who want to make a difference in the places they work and live. The program facilitates critical engagement with theory, practice and research through a hybrid model that combines an online, virtual environment with several intensive on-ground session in Hong Kong. This model, which can be completed in 3 years, allows individuals to advance in their organizations while completing their education.
Students complete 13 courses and a Doctoral Thesis Seminar in support of their doctoral thesis. Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the prestigious Doctor of Education (EdD) from Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, one of the top 50 institutions in the US.
In Hong Kong, Northeastern University offers supervision in 2 specializations:
- Organizational Leadership Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- A 116 year record of academic excellence
- Ranked 42 in the United States by US News and World Report in 2015
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Engagement with a global network of professionals and educators from diverse disciplines
- Expertise in melding research and practice to confront real-life problems in organizations and institutions
- Taught by faculty with an array of international and domestic experience and research proficiency